Basic Program Rules and Details
The IRT program is a 90 day program. It is required of you to arrive to the program clean and sober. You will be required to submit to a breathalyzer and urinalysis test upon arriving at the program. On the day you are scheduled to arrive at the program you must arrive at 8:00AM.
While in the program you will share a room with up to 11 other clients. You will have daily chores that are required to be completed. You will also be expected to attend every group. The groups usually start by 8am and can last until 8pm, with breaks and meal times in between.
You will have access to coin operated laundry machines. Access to pay phones will be granted after you advance through the “phases” of the program. It is suggested you bring quarters for both. Pay phone usage will be set forth by staff upon you reaching the proper phase.
Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited on facility grounds. You are allowed to bring an electronic cigarette to use while in the program.
A daily schedule has been set by program staff. You will be required to attend any and all events that are scheduled to you by staff. It will be helpful if you bring work out type clothing for any physical health activities.
If you require medical attention you will be taken to a local hospital or urgent care center for treatment and you will be responsible for the payment. If you have medical insurance, bringing your medical card will be helpful should you need medical attention.
You will be allowed visitors after your first 3 weeks in the program. Visiting hours will be from 1pm – 4pm on Sundays, the first hour of which will be Family Education with staff prior to the visit. No visits will be allowed if the first hour of family education is not attended. All visitors must be pre-approved by your case manager at least one week prior to the visit. A visitation form will be sent to all persons wanting to visit. This form must be completely filled out and returned to the facility. No visitors under 18 will be allowed.
You are allowed to have $20.00 cash on you at all times while in the program. All other money will need to be given to your case manager to be put in an account that will be created for you via Advantage Treatment Center. Any and all clients in the program will be required to sign limited power of attorney to the Program Director granting permission for the Director to disperse any client money in the event he has been deemed to have escaped.
You will be allowed to keep a minimal amount of non-perishable food items in your locker/plastic tote while in the program. A plastic tote will be issued to you upon arrival. All items must be in a re-sealable package. Any items found not to be in this packaging will be disposed of.
While in the program you will be allowed to bring a MP3 player, however it cannot contain a screen that could be used to display videos or photos. You will also be allowed to bring a reading light for your bed and an alarm clock. You will also be allowed to have a radio/stereo in your personal area. Headphones will be required for all MP3 and stereo devices.
While in the program you are not allowed to have televisions, cell phones, pagers, scanners, cameras, or gaming systems of any kind. Excessive amounts of magazines, newspapers, or books will not be allowed. Also, the quantity of clothing you bring will be limited. A good rule of thumb is to have enough clothing for only one week. You will not be allowed to keep more personal items than what fits in your closet or storage area.
You are required to bring any prescribed or needed over-the-counter (OTC) medications with you to the program. You must arrive with a minimum of a 90 day supply or means to refill and pay for the prescriptions. If you have been given samples of medications you must have a note from your doctor with your name on it and the dosing instructions for the medication. All medications (OTC or prescribed) must be turned in to staff upon arrival.
You are not allowed to have your own bedding while in the program as bedding will be provided for you. You will be furnished clean sheets weekly.
You will be allowed to receive mail while in the program. The address to receive mail is:
Via United States Postal Service
Advantage Treatment Center
PO Box 328
Sterling CO, 80751
Via UPS or FEDEX
Advantage Treatment Center
12220 HWY 61
Sterling CO, 80751
- Medications for 90 days (in original Rx bottle)
- OTC medications (such as ibuprofen, vitamins, antacids) in original container
- Toiletries: deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, etc. (these are available via the facility but may not be what you prefer) Must be alcohol-free
- Clean clothing (no alcohol, drug, gang, or tobacco logos)
- Quarters for laundry ($1.25 per wash, $1.25 per dry)
- Change for pop and vending machines
- Comfortable everyday shoes, shower shoes, and cold weather shoes or boots
- Warm jacket or coat
- Swim apparel (to be used upon proper phase advancement) and work-out clothes
- Important phone numbers you may need while here and your health insurance card (if any incase of an emergency)
- Cell Phones, pagers
- Cameras or any device capable of taking a photograph or video
- MP3 players with video capabilities
- Any electronic devices not mentioned in the above portion of this document
- Any weapons or items that could be used as a weapon
- Any product that contains alcohol
- Any product that can be used as an inhalant
- Any clothing articles with alcohol, drug, tobacco logos, or any gang related attire or items that could be construed as gang related
- Pornographic literature/photos or DVD’s, etc.
- Food items that can’t be resealed or are perishable